Visiting Cuneo

Here are the main attractions of the city of Cuneo:

  • Piazza Galimberti Piazza Galimberti. The main city square is dedicated to the hero of the Resistance Cuneo Duccio Galimberti. It is a large square (20000 m 2) surrounded by buildings arcades (well 20) and connects the old with the modern part of town. There stands the Casa-Museo Galimberti.
  • Casa-Museo Galimberti. It was the home of this important family Cuneo, the Galimberti. Born here Duccio Galimberti, anti-fascist hero killed in 1944. The museum includes an art gallery with paintings by artists from Piedmont and various sculptures, a library of family and memories of the hero of the Resistance Duccio Galimberti.
  • Old Tower Mondovi in the district stands the church of San Sebastiano, with the dome and the apse of the '500 and polygonal canvases of the painter Giovanni Antonio Molineri, and the church of San Ambrose, by Francesco Gallo, dedicated to the patron saint of Milan for the help given by the Milanese to the city in the Middle Ages.
  • Church St. Francis, the Gothic church is the most important testimony to medieval city. It was built between the thirteenth and fifteenth centuries. Has a beautiful marble portal of 1418, dominated by the pediment with rosette, a typical element of the Gothic style. The bell tower dates from the end of '300. The cloister of the former convent now houses the civic museum.
  • Cathedral of Our Lady of the Woods. The church is located on Via Roma, the main axis of the ancient city and characteristic way that preserves the old and lower porches. E 'was built on an earlier medieval building by architect Juvenal Boetto. Dating back to 1662, a Greek cross, is marked on the outside, from the porches. Inside are works by Giuseppe Nuvolone and Andrea Pozzo ( "Purification"), the pulpit of 1668 and finally, in the sacristy, the "treasure of the Diocese, with precious chalices and reliquaries.
  • Church St. Cross. The church dates back to 700 and was designed by Antonio Bertola and designed by Francesco Gallo. Inside is the "cathedra" of St. Bernardino, in French Gothic style, a Via Roma (CN) painting attributed to Mocalvo, the beautiful "Madonna and Child, S. Bernard of Siena and St. Augustine, then the series of paintings on "Triumph of the Cross" by Giulio and Giovan Battista Bruno.
  • Viale degli Angeli. Along this beautiful tree-lined street is a park of the Resistance and the sanctuary of St. Mary of the Angels. The latter dates from the early 700 but has undergone renovations due to a collapse and is partly still under restoration. To see: the family chapel Galimberti, Blessed Angelo Carletti from Chivasso, the altars of S. Francis and Diego, the frescoes and the chapel of the '400 ', decorated with paintings of the fifteenth century.
  • Cuneo's Civic Museum is located in 'former cloister of the monastery of St. Francis. Contains the collections of the scholar Euclid Milan since 1930. It has 5 sections: the Pre-Protohistory, Romania, dell'Altomedioevo and the Middle Ages, sacred art and the ethnography. Interesting collections of prehistoric and early historic materials, from Roman times to the tombs, the burial and early medieval coins. The route traces the history of ethnographic instead of the city by rebuilding their homes with rustic furniture, agricultural and pastoral work, traditional customs and religious objects Witnesses