- Valencia. Of Roman origin, was a strategic military point for the Marquis of Monferrato, the Visconti of Milan, the Spanish, the Savoy ... The medieval cathedral was rebuilt in the seventeenth century. Inside is a "Madonna of the Rosary" attributed to Moncalvo. In the hall civic Luigi Illario ", in via Mazzini 41, you can admire the art collection goldsmith. The city is known worldwide as the Italian capital Goldsmith, industry was born here in mid '800 and is very vital today.
- Leaving Valencia you can visit Pomaro Monferrato, with its castle, of medieval origin, then rebuilt in the seventeenth and eighteenth centuries, and the beautiful Romanesque church late Quargnento, preserving a precious altarpiece by Gandolfino d'Asti.
- Casale Monferrato. The Cathedral of S. Evasio Romanesque-Lombard has been partially rebuilt in 800. The interior features a beautiful "Crucifixion" of 1100, covered with plates of silver and decorated with crystals, and the remains of a twelfth-century mosaic floor forever. Via Mameli is the most elegant street of the town and there arise several palazzi, including Palazzo Gozzani of Treville, Palazzo S. George and the house Tornielli. The synagogue was built in the sixteenth century, there is a stark contrast between the simple exterior and its rich interior, decorated with paintings and gilded stucco. Two museums, the Museum of Jewish art and ancient history, with sacred ornaments of the seventeenth and eighteenth centuries, and the Museum of the Enlightenment, with works by contemporary artists. The Civic Museum and the Gipsoteca Bistolfi are located in the former convent of S. Cross. The first offers a collection of paintings by artists from Piedmont, Lombardy and Liguria, ceramics, pottery and wooden sculptures from the twelfth to the nineteenth century. The gipsoteca exhibits plaster casts, models, sketches by Leonardo Bistolfi important exponent of symbolism Italian. Casale Monferrato is famous for the production of krumiri, cookies that seem to derive their shape from the curve "mustache Vittorio Emanuele II. Finally, in Piazza Castello is the Paleologi Castle, a mansion of the '400.
- Marengo. The small village is known for the battle between the homonymous Napoleon's French and the Austrians took place here in 1800. With this victory, Napoleon regained control of northern Italy. The famous battle is the historical background of one of the most famous works of Puccini's Tosca. On the battle Delavo villa was built, which now houses the Museum of Marengo, dedicated to the famous battle. A Bosco Marengo instead is the church of S. Cross, an example of Mannerist art Piedmont, which houses some paintings by Giorgio Vasari and Moncalvo, in addition to the splendid mausoleum of Pius V (XVI century). porphyry and green marble, Giovanni Antonio Buzzi.
- A Sezzadio However it is worth stopping to admire the 'Romanesque Abbey of S. Giustina, founded Liutprando Lombard king, who in medieval times was part of a larger complex of the Benedictine abbey. Very impressive is its crypt, which is kept a floor mosaic of the eleventh century.
- Tortona. The Cathedral is an example of Mannerist art, built in the second half of the sixteenth century, whose towers are, however, nineteenth-century addition. The interior houses many paintings by artists '500-'600, Including Fiammenghino, Camillo Procaccini and his school, Aurelio Luini, and a precious treasure, whose main piece is a silver urn containing the remains of the city's patron saint, S. Marzano. Adjacent to the Duomo is the bishop's palace (XVI sec.), Where there is a nice triptych d'Alba Macrinus, and Guidobono Palace, home of the Museum and Art Gallery. Tortona is famous for a sweet very greedy, the Baci di dama.
- In the province of Alessandria, in the upper Monferrato, meet many castles. Some of them are the Castle of Chiabrera to Grind, the Malaspina castle with drawbridge of Cremolino, the old Carpeneto, Grimalda Castle Rock, Castle-Pinelli Gentile Tagliolo Monferrato, the castle of Spinola in Lerma and Spinola to Tassarolo.
- Castle Piovera. The spectacular castle dates from the fourteenth century, was built by the Visconti. It is surrounded by a moat and a large park overlooking the square of the village of Piovera. Has a horseshoe-shaped structure with four cylindrical towers at the corners. One of these is original and retains high battlements.
- Sacro Monte di Crea At Serralunga di Crea One of the most popular sacred mountains of Piedmont, belongs, like the other Sacred Mountains of Piedmont, the world heritage of mankind 's Unesco. Situated on one of the highest hills of Alto Monferrato. The complex (XII sec.) Consists of a basilica, 23 chapels, hermitages and chapels and 5 arranged in a panoramic position. The basilica is of Romanesque origin but was enlarged in the fifteenth century. Chapels show two groups of sculptures Flemish artists, Jean and Nicolas Wespin. In 1980 was established the regional nature reserve and picnic area of the Sacro Monte di Crea, with the aim of protecting the area of the Sacro Monte.
- In the province of Alexandria lies the charming town of Acqui Terme. As the name already says, here springs since ancient precious sources, supported today by establishments equipped, where you can submit to effective therapies especially for the treatment of rheumatism and arthritis, but also in beauty treatments, baths, mud baths. In the center of the town flows the Bollente, a source at 75 ° from nineteenth-century marble shrine. Addition, the city is also famous for its sweets, kisses and macaroons, as well as for red wines (most famous are the Dolcetto and Brachetto d'Acqui).
- For lovers of shopping, Serravalle Scrivia Outlet is one of the largest and best stocked of Italy.
The province of Alessandria